Why should I choose Kellogg Dental for my dental care?
For Dentistry in Livingston County, there is only one choice: Kellogg Dental. Our staff takes great pride in providing:
- Convenient scheduling and extended retail hours. We are open 7am - 7pm, Monday through Friday; evenings and Saturdays by appointment.
- Kellogg Dental has been voted top Dental office in Livingston County, People's Choice winner 8 years in a row.
- Our staff keeps up to date and is the best trained dental team we know of.
- We have a dedicated Emergency Dental Department ready to serve you, your loved ones, and your family. Call today, we can see you today!
- We are the most connected dental office we know of. Our dentists and friendly staff are always ready and prepared to answer any questions you have. We have an after-hours phone to call anytime - (517) 294-0954
- Our knowledgeable staff are experts at finding ways to get your needed treatment done, and we have many financial options for you to choose from.
- We are proud to provide you with the gentlest care that looks and feels great. Our office is one of the best-equipped and most patient-friendly you could find. After all, we designed it with you in mind. We’ve got a Camp Kellogg play area for kids, outside waiting room with fireplace, high school baseball viewing area, and heated vibrating chairs for you your comfort. Kellogg Dental provides all your dentistry services under one roof.
- We have the most highly trained and caring team anywhere. All of our dentists are members of the American Dental Association (ADA), and Dr. Kellogg has achieved many awards and has taught nationally.
Your Kellogg Dental team are specialists who work to diagnose, treat, and stabilize and maintain your teeth, gums, and smile. The Doctors have completed at least eight years of schooling and received either a DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) degree, or a DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine) degree. Your Kellogg Dental dentist has received the proper education and training needed to work with you and your family. They receive well beyond the required continuing education and are passionate about giving you and your family the best care anywhere.
Kellogg Dental also offers:
- Endodontics (root canals)
- Oral and maxillofacial (including pathology, radiology, and surgery)
- Periodontics (gum disease)
- Prosthodontics (implants)
WHY IS VISITING THE DENTIST SO IMPORTANT?
Visiting the dentist regularly will not only help keep your teeth and mouth healthy, but will also help keep the rest of your body healthy. Dental care is important because it:
Helps prevent tooth decay
Protects against periodontal (gum) disease, which can lead to tooth and bone loss
Prevents bad breath – brushing, flossing, and seeing the dentist regularly will help reduce the amount of bad-breath causing bacteria in your mouth
Gives you a more attractive smile and increases your self-confidence
Helps keep teeth looking bright by preventing them from becoming stained by food, drinks, and tobacco
Strengthens your teeth so that you can enjoy healthy, beautiful smiles for the rest of your life!
Studies estimate 60% of adults have some form of periodontal disease with most cases going untreated. Periodontal disease is also contagious and, when left untreated, can spread to family members. There is a direct relationship between periodontal disease and suffering heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and babies with a low birth weight. Kellogg Dental can diagnose and treat periodontal disease. The greatest success in treating periodontal disease is catching it in the early stages. We have computerized periodontal charting, the right skills, and a very proficient team ready to prevent and treat periodontal disease.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I SEE THE DENTIST?
Children, teens, and adults should all see Kellogg Dental for a regular checkup at least every six months. Patients who are at a greater risk for decay, oral cancer, and gum disease may be required to see us more than just twice a year. Our Kellogg Dental Doctors will work with you to help determine how often you should visit us for regular maintenance and checkups.
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) recommends that children first see a dentist as early as six-months-old and no later than one year old. Our population has more decay between the ages of 0-2 than any other age. Baby teeth will be coming in and prevention will never be as important as this time. Your Kellogg Dental dentist can examine the health of your child's first few teeth. We may make recommendations based on what we see. Sometimes we see white spot lesions, which is a warning sign. When these lesions are caught early, we can prevent very extensive and costly treatment.
The dental visits your child makes between 0 and 2 years old have the biggest impact on how they view the dentist in the future. We have found that the most fearful patients are those whose parents did not bring them into the dentist early on. They had time and opportunities to pick up on classmates' stories about fearful experiences at their dentist. We know going to the dentist is not to be feared, especially at Kellogg Dental. We make dental visits fun! Our team counteracts the fear of dentistry very early, and we have happy, healthy, self-maintaining patients who love to come to the dentist for life.
After your first visit, be sure to schedule regular checkups every six months.
MY TEETH FEEL FINE. DO I STILL NEED TO SEE A DENTIST?
Your teeth may feel fine, but it's still important to see your Kellogg Dental dentist regularly because problems can exist without your knowledge. Most dental issues are hidden and you cannot detect them yourself until it is too late. Finding a cavity early before it hurts can save and prevent root canals, bridges, implants, gum surgery, and other more extensive and costly treatments.
Your smile's appearance is important and our Kellogg Dental dentists can help keep your smile healthy and looking beautiful for a lifetime. With so many advances in dentistry, you no longer have to settle for stained, loose, missing, chipped, or misshapen teeth. Kellogg Dental offers many treatment choices that can help you smile and function with confidence:
- Professional teeth whitening
- Fillings that enhance the appearance of natural teeth, rebuild strength, and provide stability
- Tooth replacement and full smile makeovers
- Teeth straightening
- Gum treatments which affect your total body health and allow you to keep your teeth for a lifetime.
- Fixing broken teeth
HOW CAN I TAKE CARE OF MY TEETH BETWEEN DENTAL CHECKUPS?
ALWAYS remember to brush your teeth at least two times a day, and floss at least once a day!
Make sure to use toothpaste that contains fluoride and ask your dentist if you need a fluoride rinse. This will help prevent cavities.
Avoid foods with a lot of sugar (sugar increases the amount of bacteria that grows in your mouth causing more plaque and possibly cavities) and avoid tobacco (it stains your teeth, causes gum disease, and leads to oral cancer).
Brush your tongue! By brushing your tongue, you will remove food particles and reduce the amount of plaque-causing bacteria. Tongue brushing also helps keep your breath fresh.
Schedule your routine checkup. It is recommended that you visit the dentist every six months at minimum.
WHAT IS A CAVITY?
A cavity is a small hole that forms inside the tooth because of tooth decay. Cavities are formed from plaque buildup resulting from sugars and starches in food. Plaque produces acid that can eat away the enamel on your tooth. If a cavity is left untreated, it will lead to more serious oral health problems. Cavities can be prevented by brushing, flossing, and not eating sugar. Get your teeth checked often as regular visits are your best defense against cavities!
IF I HAVE BRACES, DO I STILL NEED DENTAL CHECKUPS EVERY SIX MONTHS?
Yes! It's more important for patients that received orthodontic treatment to visit Kellogg Dental regularly. With braces, food will catch in places that your toothbrush can't reach. Bacteria builds up and causes cavities, gingivitis, and gum disease. Your Kellogg Dental dentist will work closely with your orthodontist to make sure that your teeth stay clean and healthy while wearing braces.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE MY NEXT CHECKUP?
Call us! Our amazing scheduling coordinators will take great care of you. We will find a time that fits your schedule and convenience. Our team can take care of your whole family. If you are a new patient, welcome! We look forward to meeting you and taking great care of you and your family.
Call 517-618-0987 to schedule an appointment!